Welcome to the National Parenting Product Awards
Until 2014, there was no consolidated source of information for parents and parents-to-be in Ireland who were trying to select the right products for their babies. Based on this observation and our experience in the parenting category (as publishers of Easy Parenting magazine and The Ultimate Maternity Guide), Zahra Media Group teamed with Millward Brown to develop the National Parenting Product Awards – to independently and rigorously test products in this category, amongst consumers and experts. The first National Parenting Product Awards were held in 2014.
See the results and the methodology here
How it works?
- There are over 40 categories – ranging from nursery items to baby care products and travel systems.
- Brands pay to enter their product/s for testing and provide samples.
- Testing of products is conducted by Millward Brown with a statistically reliable national sample of mothers with babies under 3yrs old.
- Research questions are customised by category and also include testing against a set of key criteria including quality, functionality, safety, value for money and likelihood to recommend.
- All products are then tested by a diverse panel of experts.
- Data is then collated and a research report is generated for each product tested.
- The winners are announced and all products are featured in The National Parenting Product Guide (NPPG) and on www.nppa.ie.
- The NPPG is distributed via the Irish Daily Mail (120,000 copies ) and poly-bagged with Easy Parenting magazine (10,000 copies).
- Research reports are made available to brands, providing valuable insights for future product development and planning.